Saturday, January 23, 2021

CONTENT:

When growing up, I usually came home late from hunting, so I always tried to tell a good story to stay out of trouble. I still do the same thing.

I wrote these stories mainly for my son, Sam, and for family and friends. These stories are a combination of autobiography, family traditions, bygone times, and tall tales.  I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I've enjoyed writing them.

PS: All of my stories are true, or mostly true, or maybe just made up!

-- Mike Griffin, an old Ludowici boy from way back!

1. THE EARLY DAYS

Buck Fever

River Swamp Hounds

Flat Woods Hounds

Mr. Clyde's Camp

Losing Your Shirt Tail

Our Rite of Passage

Fishing & Gigging on Doctors Creek

2. THE CARE-FREE YEARS

The Georgia State Trooper

Just Two Boys and a Jeep

My Future Mother-In-Law

Confessions of a Squirrel Hunter

Ode to an Evening Fox Race

3. MORE FAVORITE STORIES

The "Hairy" Man

Face to Face with a Huge Boar

Aliens in Bobtown Hunting Club!

The Franklinia Altamaha

Running from Bears

The "Manipulated" Dove Field

Christmas Past

4. FOR SAM

If by Rudyard Kipling

The Man in the Arena by Theodore Roosevelt

The Walk by Sawyer Brown

To Be A Man by Dax

Perfect by Ed Sheeran

5. Other websites featuring interesting stories & pictures:

Vanishing South Georgia, Photographs by Brian Brown

The Ludowici Trap by Tom Zoellner

Haunted South Georgia by James Miles

Altamaha's Big Monster Catfish by Lindsay Thomas, Jr.



No comments: