Saturday, December 5, 2020

Aliens in Bobtown Hunting Club!

Although the incident was never investigated by Federal or local authorities, it did happen...I know, I was there.

The following story occurred one afternoon while I was hunting by myself in Bobtown.  There were no witnesses to corroborate what I'm about to tell.  The believability of this account is based solely on my reputation for telling the truth.  

It All Began Quietly

The afternoon was cool, without a cloud in the sky; not a bad afternoon for still hunting.  I quietly slipped into a small swamp just off the Jonas Island road.  The evening passed without seeing a deer.  Back in my younger days, I had a tendency to stay in the woods way past dark before heading back to the truck.  That evening was no different; however, I forgot to bring my flashlight.

Although it was pitch black dark, I was certain I knew the way back to the truck; however, after walking about 300 yards I got the feeling something wasn't right, I should have hit the road a long time back.  I kept walking in the dark, eventually finding a stand of planted pines. With a bit of relief, I followed that line of pines knowing I would eventually come out near the truck.

I followed those pines for a long way, sometimes tripping over stumps, sometimes getting caught in wait-a-minute vines.  Over an hour passed.  I wasn't worried about being lost, and I'm not saying I was lost, I just didn't want to deal with any teasing that might come my way.

Then without warning, I stepped across a small ditch and was on the dirt road again, but where?  The night was so dark it took a few minutes to figure out my exact location.  Then confusion hit me, how in the world did I end up at the Briar Patch, a favorite deer crossing on the Frank Townsend Road?

I decided to sit down for a moment and sort this thing out, but the confusion remained.  There was just no way I could have ended up where I did based on the route I took back to the truck.

Then it hit me...the only logical conclusion to my dilemma was "Aliens."  I must have been abducted by aliens and dropped off on the Frank Townsend Road after they finished with me.



The Aftermath

I quickly checked all of my important body parts, nothing was missing or misplaced.  I couldn't find any sign of foul pay either, but that didn't mean I hadn't been probed.  They must have cleared my memory, too, because I couldn't recall a thing about being on their spaceship.

I was still trying to sort everything out when Keith and our brother-in-law, David Byers, pulled up.  Momma had sent them looking for me because I was so late.  I should have kept the alien episode to myself, but in the excitement of it all, I told Keith what had happened to me.  For some reason, he felt compelled to tell everyone back at the house about my story.

I now know how my fellow alien abductees felt when they told their stories.  No one believed me, no one except my loving sister.  While everyone else was laughing, Janet was shaking her head with worry; she said alien abduction was a common occurrence for many people, often with lasting effects.  I believe she's been abducted once or twice as well.

Keith, Janet & Mike

To ensure my future safety should I ever encounter aliens again, Janet gave me a special "Redneck Emergency Kit," which consisted of a small spring-loaded toy gun with little plastic balls.  Her written instructions on the package were simple:  "Set plastic balls on fire, load into gun, aim upward, and shoot -- chat with the aliens until help arrives."  No brother could ask for a sweeter sister.


Mike's Hunting Tip -- Always take a flashlight and compass when heading into the woods; could prevent unwanted spaceship rides.

Mike Griffin, and old Ludowici boy from way back.

PS - All of my stories are true, mostly true or maybe just made up :)

No comments: